Guidelines for applying bat guano depend on various factors, such as soil type, plant type, climatic conditions and type of guano. It is advisable to carry out agrochemical analyses first, to find out the specific needs of the crops and calculate the appropriate doses.
Researchers and producers should take into account diverse criteria when applying organic fertilizers, to make fertilization more efficient and effective, and to achieve results in the shortest time possible. In any case, the recommendations given with the product, its certificate of quality and the product description should be taken into account.
II) Standard doses of bat guano for various crops.
|Fruit trees, established or developing (kg/plant)||5-7|
|Fruit trees, sapling or sown (kg/plant)||0.5-2|
|Plantain or banana-trees (kg/plant)||0.2-0.4|
Recommendations and observations
- For fruit trees (including citrus), at the time of sowing, apply 0.5 to 2 kg/plant in the pit.
- For fruit trees (including citrus), established or developing, apply 5 to 7 kg/plant during the budding-flowering season.
- For fruit trees (including citrus), in production, apply 1.25 to 2.5 kg/plant during fruit formation.
- In vegetable cultivation, apply 0.4 to 0.6 kg./m² of bat guano at the time of sowing.
- In nurseries and seed-beds, mix in well 20% of bat guano and 80% of fertile soil before sowing seeds or planting.
- In established plantain plantations, apply 0.2 to 0.4 kg/plant around each plant or shoot, some 15 cm apart. The same for plants with similar life cycles.
- For saplings or established crops on ridges with very steep slopes, apply the product in a horse-shoe shape above the plant, on the edge of the plant’s drip line. It is recommended that steps be taken to avoid soil erosion, with both short-cycle and long-cycle plants.
- For all types of crop and soil or substrata, bat guano should always be mixed well with the fertile soil, to make the best use of it and obtain a fast effect. “Ecological fertilizer is best stored in the soil”.
- It is best to carry out tests and trials on the area under cultivation, to discover the specific requirements of the producer’s crops, soil and environmental conditions, and adapt the dosage accordingly.
For keep your food in good conditions, the attic where you resguard it should be healthy with attic insulation Santa Clarita.